West Shore Medical Center is dedicated to the improvement of community health. Through our wellness efforts, including participation in regional community health needs assessments and action planning, our FIT Kids program, community health education, and our full-service fitness center, we are working to build a healthier future for Manistee.
In March 2012, our community health needs assessment identified four priority areas for Manistee County:
- Chronic disease
- Increase opportunities for physical activity and healthy eating
- Reduce overweight and obesity
- Access to care
- Increase individuals who are able to obtain necessary medical and mental health care
- Increase percentage of individuals who visit dentist regularly
- Mental health and substance use disorders
- Reduce tobacco use
- Reduce prescription drug abuse
- Decrease alcohol use
- Reduce teen suicide
- Poverty Reduction
- Emphasize workforce development and access to jobs
- Build assets essential to financial stability
- Improve access to services and support to reduces or prevents poverty
Click here to read the full Community Health Needs Assessment report.
Click here to read the Manistee Chartbook.